From Brompton Bicycle
The distinctive shape of the M Type's handlebars has been used on the Brompton since the outset: the ride is fairly upright (grip height 1015mm) with excellent control. The M Type is the all-rounder in our range and the most popular Brompton, as much at home in the city as in the country, and with plenty of room for luggage at the front.
The M3L features the classic Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub, offering reliable and versatile riding; this is the classic Brompton.
The M3L-X is the superlight version of the M3L; whilst the main frame is made of steel, the front forks, rear frame, seat pillar and other components on the bike are substituted with titanium ones.
- 3 gears: utilising the Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub perfected over a century of use
- Fitted with: mudguards, reflective tyres, battery lighting and a pump
- Weight: 11.5kg including lights, mudguards, etc. (10.5kgfor the M3L-X model)
- Folding/unfolding achieved without any difficulty in 10 – 20 seconds with a little practice
- Adjustable seat pillar
- 16 inch wheels
- Dimensions when folded: 565mm (h) x 585mm (l) x 270mm (w)