From Schlumpf Innovations
The 'FS' street version of our hub is designed for long distance travelling and all-day use. The strong and robust hub is nearly maintenance free. Thanks to the standard square end axles, you can mount nearly any crankarm. The FS hub can be installed into nearly any standard frame with bearing dimensions 40/12 - 100
The 'KH' muni version of our hub is designed for ISIS cranks. We recommend to use Kris Holm crankarms only. The development of this hub was made in close partnership with Kris Holm, who tested the hub during more than a year. The hub is designed for Kris Holm frames. You can even retrofit the hub to KH frames older than model year 08. These older frames require a modification of one shoulder of the bearing clamp. The strong and robust hub is made for muni applications. We allow jumps up to 1.5m (5"). From 2009, we have custom manufactured a new bearing especially for our muni hubs. It contains 50% larger diameter bearings and is significantly stronger. All new KH series hubs will be equipped with these bearings.
On the push of a button, the hubs gear up by 50%, this means, a 20" wheel works like a 30", a 24" wheel works like a 36" coker! You can shift either at standstill or on the fly, depending on ability and practice!
All Schlumpf hubs have two ratios: direct drive 1:1, overdrive 1:1.5
- Diameter: 42mm
- Width: 120mm
- Distance from centerline of left bearing to centerline of right bearing: 100mm.
- Knurled surface on the left bearing holders: this surface, clamped tight in the flanges of the frame, holds the reaction torque of the planetary gearing system.
- Gear shift buttons and shifting shaft are made of strong steel with reinforced design to withstand even hard off road use.
- The hubs are sealed against dust and spray water. Every hub comes with a hole, covered with a slot screw, that allows lubrication, which is recommended once a year.
- Diameter: 40mm
- Width: 120mm
- Quality: sealed ball bearings of high quality
- Distance from centerline of left bearing to centerline of right bearing: 100mm
- The hubs are sealed against dust and spray water.
- Each hub comes with a hole, tapped with a slot screw, that allows you to lubricate the hub once a year.